Followers

My Blog List

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Katie's First Blog

I have been wanting to start a blog for our family for a little while now, but am just now getting the nerve to figure out how to do it. You all know I want it to "look cute", but I have NO IDEA how to make that happen so this will definately be a work in progress.

Everyone keeps asking me what I am going to do with my time now that Kaden has started Kindergarten and Cassidy is in Preschool 3x a week. So far it has just been laundry, trips to the Target, and planning (what is next) once the kids get home. Matty and I have also had SEVERAL conversations that included me needing a hobby. Well, I think this might be it.

I can only think about how much I would enjoy getting a glimpse back into my childhood had my Mom actually had a blog. I imagine it would have said how stubborn I was as a young child and how Nick and I would bug eachother until Mom was blue in the face. How I insisted upon wearing high heels and boa to pick Nick up from school and that my room was pepto bismo pink. However, I think it would have also included a lot of great memories like watching waterpolo games when my Dad was coaching, going on "dates" with my Dad (which reminds me that it is about time for Matty to take Cass), Mom ALWAYS (Dad when he could)being at our activities (plays, chorus performances ...uhhh, cheerleading , swim team, soccer, softball, etc), and many more.

Well, consider this a gift to my children. I can also see my friends and family enjoying catching up on our lives. I am excited to chronicle little thoughts and nuiances of the kids that get easily forgotten when you don't right them down, sharing family trips/outings with others, and doing some reflection on life. I am excited to share this with you. Thanks for taking the time to read!

1 comment:

  1. You are too cute. I'm glad you found your hobby. I always knew the girl I married would turn out to be "SuperMom". It's fun to see your dreams turn into reality. The kids will look back on this and be so thankful.

    143,

    Matty

    ReplyDelete