Followers

My Blog List

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Family Days

What a nice 24 hours we have had. Knowing that Matty was going to be out of town for work for 5 nights...we made a bit of a vacation out of the first day. We headed towards SD with a quick stop at my moms for dinner. I love a homecooked mea,l NOT prepared by me. The kids played, we ate, and relaxed. About 8:45pm we realized we should probably get going. An hour car ride later, and with two sleeping children, we made our way up to the hotel room. Holding 45 lbs. feels pretty heavy as you're waiting for elevators and trying to unlock hotel door rooms with one hand.

It was just a courtyard Marriot, but once my head hit that pillow...a bed has almost never felt so cozy. Matty got up early, and got to surf a bit. And, besides the comfort of a hotel bed, my other favorite part is "block out shades". Kaden woke at about 6:45 and said, "where are we?" to which I responded, "San Diego". "Oh..." he said, " it sure takes a long time for morning to come here". I LOVE block out shades...and should seriously look into getting them at home!

We had a nice morning together at breakfast and then the beach. Matty took Kaden out boogie boarding and Cassidy and I looked for sea shells. I took pictures, although some were of some other guy surfing, I guess my eyes are not what they once were. The beach was practically empty and quite peaceful. We stopped and got slices of pizza, cleaned up, packed up at the hotel, and headed to the outlets for a bit of shopping.

It was just good to be together!

The kids and I said goodbye to Daddy, and headed back to Grandma Marcia's. It is so comfortable at my moms... Nick helped keep the kiddos busy, the kids used my old teaching stamps and made a few books. Kaden got his homework done and then we all headed back home.

So for now, I have two sleeping children and a very quiet house. Not even Bubba is home! So, I am going to go relax myself...and gear up for 5 days w/o Daddy. We miss him already...but as usual...we are scheduled to be busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment