Followers

My Blog List

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Filling the Time

Well, Dad has been gone for a few nights now...Cass misses him. It is so sweet. If the sun goes down lately (which it does so early right now)...and Daddy is not home, she goes into an explanation , which goes a little something like this...

"I'm scared of the night sky...I'm not afraid if the sun is out but I don't like the night sky, if Daddy is not here. And Daddy is not here...so I am scared of the night sky".

She is so sweet. Just her way of telling me how comforting Daddy is...so just as usual when he is on a long work trip...I over schedule us. Yesterday afternoon we met all the neighborhood kids for an impromptu ice cream at the park (using all the leftovers from the soccer party). Then we dropped Kaden off at Grandma Mona's and Papa Chick's house for a sleepover. Kaden was eating his favorite Matzah Ball Soup when we said goodbye. I then asked Cass if she was hungry...(I knew she was)...and I said, "Would you like to go to Yamato?"...Her eyes lit up and she started in with..."I'm going to Yamatos..I'm going to Yamatos...(repeat repeat repeat..). She walked in there with a pep in her step... and they quickly squeezed us in ...and we ordered and ate in about 30 minutes..and headed to Old Navy to meet Dana with our 30% additional coupon in hand...(it was my second time there today...different location). Got some cozy clothes for Cass to snuggle with this Winter and headed home for bed.

Today, Cass has her first birthday party that she was invited to w/o Kaden. It is a Princess Tea House thing and she is pretty excited... and then we pick Kaden up and head down to Mission Viejo for some Thurrell time. Tomorrow...Legoland...Monday...school...Monday afternoon...Daddy's home...Filling the time...check!

1 comment:

  1. I don't suppose Papa Chick used to coach football at Birmingham HS? And Grandma Mona had a rubber stamp shop in Stanta Clarita in the late 80's? I'm trying to remember the name of the shop, and my husband coached with Chick. Nice blog, and say hello to Chick and Mona for us. Diane & Buck Weber

    ReplyDelete